Take a nandroid backup from the custom recovery before flashing the ROM. Huawei users simply need to download stock firmware .zip files and flash it through TWRP custom Recovery. Previously, we have also shared stock Android firmware a tutorial to flash stock firmware on any Huawei smartphone or tablet using the Card Update method. Since the phone’s release, the progress in the developer community took some refreshing turns with support for TWRP recovery and root. However, customization is not everybody’s cup of tea and many realize it later on.
Leave a comment below if you have any queries about this guide. The below instructions are listed under separate sections for ease of understanding. Make sure to follow in the exact same sequence as mentioned. And when you do so, you would have to bid adieu to the Nandroid backup as well. This is the last thing that anyone would want to happen.
Now, what if your device’s manufacturer doesn’t offer such a flash tool? You’d probably be stuck with your bricked device without scope for self-repair. I gave up now because flashing system.img stopped at 3%. This may caused by eMMC is probably weared out at this particular area, or the timeout is caused by a weak connection. Check our Full video guide for how to use SmartPhone flash recovery software. We will make a full detailed tutorial for how to flash stock ROM, custom root and how to fixing other cases with SPFlashTool. So with this, we round off the guide on how you could backup your MediaTek firmware using SP Flash Tool.
- Tap the one you want and you’ll see the following screen.
- That led him to Gadget Hacks, where Stephen got to write educational and informative pieces for Android smartphones.
- If TWRP asks if you want to root your phone, choose “Do Not Install”.
- It indicates the internal memory or storage of a device that reserves the operating system instruction.
- If you installed a custom ROM and you don’t like it, or it has issues, just download a new ROM and repeat the installation process.
This guide has covered all the necessary steps needed to install TWRP without a PC, so you can rest assured that your device is in safe hands. If you are a rooted user, you can easily extract Boot.img directly from device without downloading full firmware. Users who have TWRP installed will not need to download the complete firmware.